Today our new "Cookie Pocket Printable" was featured on theprettyblog. Take a look here to see what it was all about.
When winter’s chills creep in we all crave some comfort and often a little cheer-me-up! Sometimes the answer to these cravings can be found hiding in the kitchen. Whether it’s a cup of tea, warm cocoa, a hearty vegetable soup or perhaps something sweet and homemade that will warm you up from the inside. We like to get creative and whip up some yummy goodies for our family and friends.
This week we were inspired to make jam heart biscuits to enjoy with our endless cups of tea here in the office, (luckily this tasty recipe can be found over on The Pretty Blog). They are delicious as a small afternoon treat or as naughty midnight snack, but we believe sharing is caring and we wanted our friends to try them too. We’ve designed a nifty little cookie pocket for your home-baked biscuits. Simply download the free printable PDF, select your favourite design from the various patterns and colours and follow the easy steps to fold your biscuit pocket. Pop in your delicious homemade goods, seal it with the printable sticker or a kiss and give it to a dear friend as a little something to say “I care for you”.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- A4 Paper Card Stock
- Wax paper
- Scissors / Craft Knife & Ruler
- Spray Glue
- Double Sided Tape
- A Fresh Batch of Cookies
- Print the cookie pocket and round sticker design that you love from this PDF on an A4 sheet of paper.
- Cut a 20cm x 20cm square of wax paper and glue it on the back of your A4 print with spray glue.
- Trimm the cookie pocket with scissors or a craft knife along the outer edge of the print.
- Write a message for the lucky person that will be receiving your homemade treats.
- Fold in the corners of your biscuit pocket to make an envelope (the wax paper should be inside the pocket).
- Glue down or stick these corners with double sided tape to form a square envelope.
- Cut out the round sticker from the print.
- Bake a fresh batch of delicious cookies.
Thank you as always to our awesome friends at Blackframe Photography for shooting these images with us. We appreciate all the time that you put into our collaboration DIY projects. Thank you Andre and Maritsa.
GIVEAWAY! WIN WITH ELEPHANTSHOE AND THE PRETTY BLOG.
We're giving away two maple wooden stamps, one that reads ‘Handmade by Me” and another that reads “Fragile handle with care”. To stand a chance to win one of these two beauties simply keep an eye on theprettyblog social media pages for more information. Enter via either facebook , twitter or instagram, tag @Elephantshoe_ and @theprettyblog, with the tag line #happinessishomemade & share with us your favourite Elephantshoe DIY project that has been featured on The Pretty Blog to date. *terms and conditions apply. Entries only accepted from South African Residents for delivery & shipping reasons.
Entries close 21 July 2014 at 12pm. Winners must correspond within 3 days after they have been contacted via Social Media.